Buttermilk Country Cake
Posted Tháng Năm 15, 2009on:
80 gm. egg yolks
160 gm. buttermilk
5 gm. vanilla (1 tsp)
200 gm. sifted cake flour
200 gm. sugar
15 gm. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
120 gm. butter
(1) In a bowl, lightly combine the yolks with 40 ml. of the buttermilk.
(2) In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 secs to blend.
(3) Add the butter and remaining buttermilk. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium speed and beat for 2 mins. to aerate and develop the cake’s stucture.
(4) Gradually add in the egg yolk mixture and beat for another min.
(5) Pour batter into an 8″ round pan and bake for about 50 to 60 mins. or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
(6) Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 10 mins then invert the cake onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
(7) Slice and serve.