Strawberry Cheese Tart
Posted Tháng Năm 15, 2009on:
350 gm. Cream cheese
120 gm. Icing sugar
120 gm. unsalted butter
1/2 lemon – squeeze out juice
Some strawberry jam or blueberry pie filling
(Use the baking type of jam and for bottled jam, stir with some hot water to dilute it)
Tart pastry ingredients:
350 gm. Plain Flour
120 gm. sugar
200 gm. butter
1/4 tsp. salt
(1) For tart pastry, cream butter, sugar and salt till creamy.
(2) Add in beaten egg slowly and cream till well mixed.
(3) Add in flour and mix into a dough. Rest for 20 mins.
(4) Divide dough into small portions and press into tart moulds. Trim off excess.
(5) Bake in the oven at 175C for about 10 mins. Then remove from the oven and let it cool a little.
(6) For fillings: Cream the cream cheese with sugar till creamy. Add in butter and continue to cream till creamy.
(7) Add in egg and continue creaming for a while, add lemon juice and blend until creamy.
(8) Pour fillings into baked tart mould. Put a teaspoon of jam on top and take a skewer to swirl into marble effect and bake at 180C for about 5 – 8 mins.
(9) Chill in fridge and serve.