Posted Tháng Năm 15, 2009on:
125 gm. unsalted butter
50 gm. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp. salt
250 gm. plain flour
1/4 cup cornflour
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups milk
4 large egg yolks
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. unsalted Butter
Fresh Strawberries – Sliced
Apricot Gel or Strawberry gel – for glazing
(1) Tart dough: Put all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse it a couple of times. Remove from food professor and press lightly into a round disk, being careful not to work it so much that the pastry becomes tough. Wrap the dough tightly and refrigerate for 20 mins. before rolling. Unfold and roll, then ease into an 8″ fluted tart pan. Trim off excess edges. Blind bake the crust at 175C for about 20 mins. or until golden brown. Cool to room temperature on a cooling rack.
(2) Mix cornflour with 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl and then stir in 3/4 cup of milk. Blend in the egg yolks into the cornflour mixture, stirring until completely smooth.
(3) Place 1 cup of milk and the remaining sugar into a saucepan and boil over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat. Temper the egg mixture by gradually adding in some of the hot milk mixture, whisking constantly. Add in the remaining hot milk mixture into the eggs. Return mixture to the saucepan and continue cooking over medium heat until the mixture thickens into pastry cream. Remove from pan and cool about 30 mins.
(4) Spread pastry cream in the baked tart and level the top.
(5) Arrange sliced strawberries over the surface of the pastry cream, they should fill the entire tart shell so that no cream is visible.
(6) Use a pastry brush to coat the strawberries very lightly with the warm apricot gel (Add some water into the apricot gel and then warm it up).
(7) Keep the tart regrigerated. Serve chilled.
Note: If no gel is available, any jam will do as well.